how to start journaling
“Keeping a journal of what’s going on in your life is a good way to help you distill what’s important and what’s not.”
Journaling means writing down your thoughts, ideas, experiences, and reflections. There are different forms of journaling and you can customize them as per your personal preferences. “Journaling generally involves the practice of keeping a diary or journal that explores thoughts and feelings surrounding the events of your life.”, says verywellmind.
If you are looking forward to starting a journal and know the benefits of journaling then this blog is for you.
How do I start?
If you are afraid you might ruin that wonderful blank paper then you are not the only one. We are often afraid to write down that first letter, but we have to remember that our journal is a safe place and there is no right or wrong when it comes to writing in a journal. So be open to experimenting and embrace your mistakes.
Ideas on how to start
- If you are writing in a Diary for the first time, then you might want to write down all your worries and negative emotions. This will help you let all the distractions out of your mind and let you relax.
- After you have released all your worries, you are now all set to write about your goals and who you want to become. It’s all about replacing negative emotions with positive ones.
- If you are not yet comfortable writing about your worries, that’s fine! You can just write down how your day was or make a list of things that you like.
I have started, but how do I remain consistent?
- Allocate a set amount of time every day for journaling.
- Find a quiet place, play relaxing music, or light your favorite candle. Just create an ambiance that makes you feel comfortable, and turns you on.
What should I write to achieve success?
A journal is your own little space to write whatever you want but there are few things I recommend you write down:
- Gratitude log: Write down everything you are grateful for in your life. Trust me, I practice this and this has changed my life for good.
- Write down your goals: By writing down your goals you are 1.4% more likely to achieve that goal. You can write all sorts of goals from short-term goals to your crazy big ones.
- Write how: Now that you have written your goals also write down how you are going to achieve those goals. This might be a bit difficult but just be patient and write what comes to your mind.
- To-Do list: Write down all the tasks that you want to complete that day. If you write down something then that gives your mind a signal that it is important and hence your mind will automatically focus on that.
Positive impacts of journaling everyday
- It is proven that journaling helps to release stress.
- It keeps you organized and helps you to become more productive.
- Making a journal helps to improve immune system functioning as well.
- It helps you achieve psychological well-being.
- It also helps you to reconnect with your goal.
Journaling every day helps you to keep track of your life and to find more about yourself. Now that you have learned all the basics about journaling, this is the best time to start.
Let me know which medium do you prefer: a physical notebook or a digital ones?
(P.S. I prefer the classic method. I grab my favorite notebook, play my favorite lo-fi music, and let the magic transform myself into my highest potential being.)
Was the article helpful? Learn infinity has many more blogs which might interest you. Go through https://learninfinity.co/blog/ for more.